Thursday, August 4, 2016

CONWAY TWITTY

I've been thinking about Conway Twitty lately. Not the man. I never knew him. When I say I've been thinking of Conway Twitty lately what I really mean is that his songs keep popping into my brain. Why? What the hell? What the fuck? Your guess is as good as mine. I thought he might be a Gemini. Nope. Conway Twitty was a Virgo. Gemini and Virgo are both ruled by Mercury. I have a Gemini mom. My Saturn is in Gemini. My mom's second husband, the man she married when I was ten years old, was/is a Virgo. I'm sure he's still alive. I have Virgo rising and a Virgo moon. I was upset when I was a teenager and discovered that I had a Virgo moon because I so wanted a Leo moon. I wanted to be Scarlett O'Hara. Jessica Wakefield. Anyone fictional and fabulous and femme fatale. Anyone other than who I was, a socially retarded bookworm who played with Barbies well beyond puberty. I lived vicariously through my Barbies. I majored in theater arts for a couple of semesters when I was at Texas State in San Marcos. Improvising terrified me so I switched my major to English. This is my favorite Conway Twitty song. The truth packs a punch.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I still remember buying his greatest hits used in Austin - or was it Nederland? Loved that CD at first in an ironic, then quite real, kinda way. I miss Texas sometimes. It's like a movie I once acted in (or saw playing at a drive-in on a hot summer night in another life). Be well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Great to hear from ya. I still remember your laugh. :)I miss New Mexico! I've found some decent hiking trails in San Antonio but they can't compare to anything in New Mexico. Gracias & good vibes back atcha. ♤♡♢♧

    ReplyDelete