Thursday, October 13, 2016

ADORATION FROM A SPOOKY DISTANCE

Stay over there deep in your gravy.
I know your potatoes.
I know your salt.
I know your pepper.
I'm toasting you still
from a billion galaxies away.
Here is much the same as there.
Everything bulges.
Such a brag.
Muchness continues.
Nada is a myth.
Can you feel it, baby?
I can, too.
I'm quoting the former owner
of the trash talking teddy bear.
Everyone loves him in Boston
and a few other places.
Space doesn't scare me like it did
two or three ghost stories ago.
I know every inch of the woods
where we stumbled blind
seeking candy.
I'm still in those woods.
I'm still slobbering for chocolate.
The moon holds me and if I drop
and if I fall
Mercury reminds me with a wink
that no motherfucker in the multiverse
possesses a true net.
Boo.
Shivering.
Shining.
I can hold
myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment