Friday, January 27, 2017

BALM

Some of us need some kind of soothing balm.
Some poems some books some art are mine.
Cat lives were what I meant when I said
"If you run across any, toss a couple my way."
Extra lives extra energy extra love.
I'll take it all.
I don't want to pay for my vowels, Vanna.
I proclaim without shame:
VOWELS SHOULD BE FREE.
If there's any extra guilt lying around
you can keep it.
I don't stock my store with
that sort of thing.
Bermuda.
Fiji.
Lima.
Lisbon.
Mexico City.
I've bled plenty.
I've crawled the extra mile.
I'm ready to soar and sing a prettier song.
We choose our shackles.
We swallow our keys.
I've got those feet nailed to his linoleum blues again.
I have no clue who I'm talking to
when I put on my lipstick and snarl
Kiss it and Make it Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment