Saturday, May 21, 2016

RAW MANUSCRIPT

I've been living with a raw manuscript for a couple of years now. Fuckerbutt Happy Time. It's a nonlinear novel. While chasing dick all over San Antonio, attending UTSA, singing karaoke, kicking a soccer ball around with my son and hunting chupacabra I have been taking notes. People who whine about the constraints of the novel forgot about or never read Burroughs and Acker. I have not forgotten Burroughs. I live and breathe Acker. So I am not whining. I'm writing my ass off, per fucking usual. I'm putting raw carrots, onions, broccoli and organic dark chocolate in a cauldron and hoping for the best. The raw manuscript began in a Justin Bieber notebook. It is now scrawled and sprawled across three or four different notebooks and journals. I hope to publish Fuckerbutt Happy Time my damn self before fireworks splash across American skies. My novel will be legit. Epic, even. But it will NOT be rad. Do not ever utter the word "rad" in my presence. I will turn you to stone.

p.s. Should I mention Gertrude Stein? No. Of course not. I'm the only one who digs Gertrude Stein and her FUCK YOU nonlinear rambles.

No comments:

Post a Comment