Sunday, March 19, 2017

Our Mouths Swollen From Kissing

I'm wearing my magical red shiny lacy gown. It isn't magical anymore. It is covered with lint and it itches and there is no one here to seduce. I'm alone tonight with my CDs and the words. When it was magical, when it was freshly purchased with pocket change from Thrift Town in Albuquerque in the spring of 2004, I put it on and the candles were lit in my studio apartment and Otis Redding was on the stereo and my new lover was on the leaky air mattress he'd given me with appreciation in his eyes. I seduced him and it was deep and good and we loved in the high desert with Jack Daniels in our stomachs and our mouths swollen from kissing.

(from Bullshit Rodeo)
(signed copies are available directly from me)
($50. PayPal is roxixmas@gmail.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment