Monday, February 8, 2016

CREATIVE NONFICTION FLASH

Get off your goddamn phones, zombies. You let people EXIT buses and elevators. THEN you ENTER. Civilization. Basic fucking courtesies. M-A-N-N-E-R-S. Civility. The Virgo in me growls all didactic and petty but damn this mouth breathing moron bullshit is getting on my last motherfucking nerve.

My son plays video games on his television and Kindle. I tell him to take a break. We cuddle. We collaborate on a story we write and illustrate. I'll publish it later at lulu.com. The title is 1...2 Freddy's Coming For You! After my son's bath I tuck him in and make his puppy dog security blanket cuss me out like I always do and he puts Puppy in time out like he always does and I tell him a Cougar & Sally story and then I read four chapters from The Barking Ghost.

I'm so tired I want to die but it isn't time for that yet so I drink green tea and eat raspberry filled dark chocolate and take the bus to campus and walk past zombies whose mommies didn't teach them the basics. I Google ghosts who look better dead than I'll ever look alive.

Channeling Kathy Acker. Channeling Richard Brautigan. I'm still showing off and not going viral.

No comments:

Post a Comment