Monday, February 29, 2016

SUCCESS

Today I enjoyed some success. I passed the Human Growth & Development CLEP exam. As I took the test I thought,"There is no fucking way in HELL I'm gonna pass this bitch. Shit. Shit. SHIT." I studied in a half-assed way for three weeks. My brain feels like Swiss cheese most days. I can't retain information for shit. My younger sister once told me that it would make me ill if I knew how easy it was for her to breeze through four years at the University of Texas at Austin. She rarely studied. She aced her exams. Here I am at the age of forty-three...currently failing introduction to mathematics (I'm going to meet my professor in her office on Wednesday and I'll start attending tutoring sessions at the campus library this week) but otherwise set to finally receive my BFA in May. I grinned as I exited the test center this afternoon. This song was blasting from a sorority tent. Thus. Kanye is my spirit animal.

2 comments: