Tuesday, March 22, 2016

1999

Are you partying like it's 1999? If so that's pretty damn retro of you.
Applause, applause.
I just Googled "Prince's natal chart."
Just as I suspected.
He wouldn't dig me.
This isn't a poem but I'm writing it like it's a poem
to trick people into thinking anything
can be a poem.
Anything cannot be a poem.
This cannot be a poem.
Not even with Raspberry Beret lipstick.
"The Beautiful Ones" is my favorite Prince song.
"Purple Rain" is one of my favorite love stories
even though Prince slaps Apollonia
and that shit ain't too cool.
I dig the music and the motorcycle
and the puppets and the crazy chemistry
between the two crazy kids.
In 1999 I had a strange relationship
with a Taurus man who had a Libra moon
and Capricorn rising.
He was still stuck on his ex-wife.
He didn't dig me but he tolerated me
to get to my pussy.
After the relationship ended
I licked my wounds online.
A Sagittarian named Andy
turned me onto "Blood on The Tracks,"
Ed Abbey and Charles Bukowski.
Wait. No.
The triple Libra I met online in 2000
and later married on a mountain in Austin
turned me onto Charles Bukowski.
Right now I'm going through something similar.
I'm thinking if a motherfucker has any amount
of Taurus in his natal chart
he is not
the motherfucker
for me.
Taurus moon.
Taurus sun.
Taurus rising.
Taurus Venus.
Taurus Mars.
Stay away. Please. I implore you.
I like
being
dug.

No comments:

Post a Comment